Mezzanine financing for social business
Learn how to structure mezzanine instruments to scale social businesses, with practical guidance, inspiring examples and useful templates.
In a nutshell
Module 1: Meet the mezzanine financing solution 🕒 30 mins
- • Video 1: Mezzanine Finance for impact ventures
- • Video 2: Unique Features of Mezzanine instruments
- • Video 3: Pros, Cons vs. other instruments
- • Video 4: Mezzanine Term sheets
- • Video 5: Key takeaways Practitioners Insight: Sea Rangers Service. Series A round
- • Practitioners Insight: Healthy Entrepreneurs. Series A round
- • Exercises
- • Optional Readings
- • Glossary
Module 2: Remuneration models 🕒 40 mins
- • Video 1: Remuneration models overview
- • Video 2: Revenue-based remuneration structure
- • Video 3: Revenue-based case study: Team U
- • Video 4: Profit-sharing remuneration structure
- • Video 5: Pros and cons of revenue or profit share agreements
- • Video 6: Key takeaways
- • Practitioners Insight: Healthy Entrepreneurs
- • Exercises
- • Reading: Calm Company Fund, Shared Earnings Agreement
- • Reading: Adobe Capital, Revenue-based Funding Debt
Module 3: Impact-linked financing 🕒 30 mins
- • Video 1: Impact-linked mezzanine defined
- • Video 2: Mezzanine and Incentives: a Winning Team
- • Video 3: The Case of Apopo
- • Video 4: Key takeaways
- • Practitioners Insight: Experience from Roots of Impact
- • Practitioners Insight: Experience from Blue Parasol Investments
- • Exercises
Together with leading experts
Earn a valuable certification
Upon successfully completing the course and passing the exam, you will receive a Certificate of Completion delivered by Efiko Academy and FASE.
Choose the delivery that works best for you
This course should be accessible for anyone that has basic enterprise financial knowledge. It will cover essentials and discuss more advanced topics. Should you feel lost at any point, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any questions you may have to other learners on the Efiko Community platform.
This course will be relevant for you if you are an entrepreneur or CFO eager to learn how to raise innovative mezzanine financing, a grant officer or manager working at a philanthropic institution, an investment analyst & manager working at an impact-driven fund, a sustainable finance consultant or coach.
In all packages, you’re invited to join the community platform where you can ask your burning questions.
If you’re enrolled in the blended learning option, you will be invited to attend one live case solving session with the lead trainers and a group of peers where you will also have the opportunity to ask questions.
In other cases, email@example.com is always open for questions.
For now, the course is only available in English including subtitles.
We provide three secure payment options:
– Credit card (Mastercard, VISA)
– Debit (PayPal)
– Bank transfer
Credit card and PayPal payments are possible by enrolling through the website.
If you wish to make a bank transfer payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every transaction on Efiko is performed and secured by Stripe, a reliable payment processor.
Yes, you can secure several tickets for a course by contacting us at email@example.com.
Yes, Stripe processes payments in 130+ currencies. PayPal also allows you to convert money to a different currency.
Yes, we can provide an invoice or proof of purchase so you can get reimbursed by your employer or company. Simply reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the course name and package you’d like to take and for how many people.
Yes, we do offer reimbursement on the course in case you’re not satisfied with it. The reimbursement applies following these conditions:
a) Up to 15 calendar days after you enrolled to the course
b) The guarantee applies up until you consume 20% of the course content;
Contact email@example.com to ask for a reimbursement. We will review your request and in case your demand complies with the above conditions we will transfer the amount you paid, minus transaction costs.